“Preparing our Children for a Future of Excellence.”

Wish List



Mandela Day Requests:

GOING GREEN....Solar Energy Saving Project - we need corporate donors for this project.

Security upgrades

Wooden Fence Replacement

Vehicle Services

Washing Machine 8KG ECO

Annual School Fee Sponsors

Finances for salaries, petrol, electricity vouchers

Tree Felling

Wooden Jungle Gym Replacement

Driveway and Parking Area Paving

Summer and Winter Clothing Needs

We are grateful for clothing donations.  A gentle reminder that we can only accept new underwear and gently used clothing and shoes.


Girls and boys summer shoes and winter boots. 

Girls and boys summer sweaters and winter jackets.

Girls and boys shorts, tracksuit pants, jeans and dresses.


Personal Hygiene Items:

Razor and blades, Shaving Cream, Sanitary Wear.


Bathroom Needs:

Bath towels. 20 in dark blue for the boys and 20 in duck egg colour (pale greenish blue) for the girls.

Dark blue bath matts.


Kitchen Appliances

Large Toasted Sandwich Machine,

Electric Frying pan 6.8 litre,

Walk in fridge food storage baskets / Tupperware,


2 Door, wall mounted, lockable medicine cabinet.


Beds and Bedding:

Single winter duvets

Single duvet cover and pillow sets

Single duvet covers and pillow sets



Petrol weed eater and cord

Electric lawn mower and 40m extension cable



We are in need of a quite a few security system repairs and upgrades.  

please contact us if you are in a position to help.


Our monthly maintenance list is available upon request from Susan.



Our children love a visit to the movies or a dinner out on Valentine's Night as a family.  Drumming under the Stars or learning to dance are other forms of stimulation we appreciate.  Any donated outings and holidays can be claimed against a section 18A tax certificate.  Our children almost never get to go on holiday.  Donations of this nature can be offered in smaller groups to make the event cost effectiveness and the holiday transport, planning and catering easier.  We value camps and the mentoring elements that they bring to our children. 


URGENT  We are in need of new school uniforms throughout the school year.  This is cash request which can be deposited into our account or paid for at the school shop.  Please contact us if you require a tax certificate.  One of our most important annual expenses is raising the annual school fees and transport funds.  Our children attend specially selected schools that cater for their individual needs and abilities.  Our school fees are over R300k per annum.  We are NPO, PBO and SARS accredited. We value responsible giving.




  • 30kg Washing Powder
  • 16 refills Stay Soft
  • 12 Large Toothpastes
  • 24 Soap Packs
  • 5L Shampoo
  • 14 Bottles of Hair food
  • 5L Conditioner
  • 24 Packs Sanitary Towels
  • 2 Large Bottles of Savlon
  • 2 Large Boxes of Plasters
  • 2 Roles of Plaster
  • 2 Large packs of Gauze Squares
  • 2 Tubes of Germaline Ointment
  • 2 Boxes Buscopan
  • 1 Box of Lactovita
  • 3 Boxes Valoid
  • 2 Large tubs Panado
  • 2 Tubs Earbuds


  • 20L Handy Andy
  • 8L Sunlight Liquid Dish Soap
  • 10L Bleach
  • 4 Large Bottles of Domestos
  • 2 Mops
  • 2 Oven Cleaner
  • 2 Bags of Steel Wool
  • Dishwashing Sponges and small Dishwash Cloths
  • 3 Bottles of Window Cleaner
  • 100 Black Dustbin Bags


  • 3 Large Boxes Jungle oats
  • 3 Large Boxes Maltebella Porridge
  • 2 Large Boxes Cornflakes
  • 2 Large Boxes Weetbix
  • 5L Tomato Sauce
  • 6 Tins of Jam
  • 4KG of Peanut Butter
  • 2 Large Bottles of Bovril
  • 2 Large Bottles of Mayonnaise

Kids making pizza


  • 10KG Mealie Meal
  • 10KG Cake Flour
  • 10 Packets of Yeast
  • 10KG Rice
  • 24 Packets Spaghetti
  • 24 Packets Macaroni
  • 6 X 500G Packs of Soya Mince
  • 1 Large Box of Stock Cubes Beef
  • 1 Large Box of Stock Cubes Chicken
  • 24 Tins of Fish (Tuna)
  • 24 Tins of Beans
  • 2 Bags Dried Lentils
  • 2 Bags Dried Chickpeas
  • 2 Bags Dried Kidney Beans or Black Beans
  • 24 Tins of Sweat Corn
  • 24 Large Tins of Bully Beef
  • 8 Large Bags of Sugar
  • 1 Box Maizena
  • 2 Boxes of Bisto Gravy Powder
  • 24 Tins of Tomato and Onion Mix
  • 2 Large Canola Cooking Oil
  • 2 Tubs of Custard Powder
  • 16 Packs of Jelly
  • 24 Canned Fruit


  • 2 Heavy duty rolls of Tinfoil
  • 2 Rolls of Gladwrap
  • 5 Medium and 5 Large Zip Lock Freezer Bags


Financial Support Request

The Village Safe Haven receives a few small government grants. A grant only covers 10% of one child’s monthly expenses.  We must fundraise the other 90%.  We thank all corporates and individuals who donate to our NPO.  We are PBO registered, and SARS approved.  We believe in responsible giving.